Mending their past,
building their future.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at our children’s home. There are many ways to help us out, whether it’s your small group doing a food drive for our pantry, procuring items for our annual auction, working odd jobs around our campus, or spending time with our children.
If you, your church, organization, or civic group would like to volunteer on our campus there are many ways to get involved.
Some possibilities for you and your group:
- Fundraising Events: Pancake Breakfast, BBQ, Benefit Dinner & Auction
- Help with Pantry, Food Drives
- Organize a coin can drive
- Organize or sponsor a fun event for our children
- Cleaning the Vo-Tech
- Grounds Clean Up/ improvement
- We occasionally have work that requires a licensed professional and are always in need of volunteers that are licensed plumbers, electricians and carpenters.
If you are interested in volunteering as a group or an individual or have any questions, contact Alicia O’Rear
If you are a licensed professional who would like to volunteer your services, contact Jim Palmer
If you are interested in volunteering directly with our children:
- Complete our online volunteer interest form by going here or by following the QR code below.
- Call or email to set up an interview with our Director, Pat Brown. He is available Monday through Friday during normal business hours. He can be reached at 505-898-5520 or by email at email@example.com
- We are licensed through the Child Youth & Family Division of New Mexico and they require all employees and volunteers who work with the children to go through a background check. The background check will cost the volunteer $45.25 **price is subject to change
Some things to do with the children:
- Spend time with children, playing, mentoring
- Give respite to the houseparents as you care for the children
- Take children off site to events
- Assist Houseparents with cottage chores
- Teach our children a special skill or craft