Thank you for your interest in volunteering at our children’s home. There are many ways to help us out, whether it’s your small group doing a food drive for our pantry, procuring items for our annual auction, working odd jobs around our campus, or spending time with our children.
If you, your church, organization, or civic group would like to volunteer to do a group project on our campus that does not involve direct contact with children please contact our office at 505-898-5520. We will be happy to talk with you about how you or your group can serve ACCH.
Some possibilities for you and your group:
- Fundraising Events
- Help with Pantry, food drives
- Organize a coin can drive
- Organize/ sponsor a fun event for our children
- Cleaning the Vo-Tech
- Grounds Clean Up/ improvement
- We occasionally have work that requires a licensed professional and are always in need of volunteers that are licensed plumbers, electricians and carpenters.
If you are interested in volunteering directly with our children: We are currently blessed with more volunteers than children. Therefore, we are not excepting any more volunteer applications for working directly with our children at this time. If you would still like to proceed with filling out the downloadable application anyway, we will keep that application on file for 6 months. Thank you dearly for your interest in blessing our children!
- Complete our volunteer form
- Call or email to set up an interview with our Director of Campus Life, Sharon Roberson. She is available Monday through Friday during normal business hours. She can be reached at 505-898-5520 or by email at email@example.com .
- We are licensed through Child Youth Family Division of New Mexico and they require all employees and volunteers who work with the children go through a back ground check. The background check will cost the volunteer $45.25 **price is subject to change
Some things to do with the children:
- Spend time with children, playing, mentoring
- Give respite to the houseparents as you care for the children
- Take children off site to events
- Assist Houseparents with cottage chores
- Do you have a special talent you’d like to share/ teach to our children?
NOTE: Any volunteer who puts in 6 or more hours in a given week or will work with directly with the children will be required to undergo a background check. The cost will be $45.25 per person and will be the responsibility of the volunteer.
(Prices are subject to change)